Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Filter web parts not working in SP2013

Recently I was building a new SP2013 site using the same techniques we had developed for SP2010, namely composite pages using query string parameters to filter on Master / Detail records. But we discovered that the filtering web parts were not filtering!

To get to the point, after much search around, turns out that for this feature to work, you need to ensure the ‘Server Render’ checkbox is enabled in the Miscellaneous section of the consuming web part.

To go even further, I would say that this field needs to be set for more than just this feature to work. XSLT doesn’t work properly if this isn’t enabled, and I’m sure there are other things that when they don’t work, will trace their roots back to this checkbox.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks,
I had the same problem and I fixed it enabling rendering server on the misc menu of the consumer web part.